These oat cookies are simple and delicious. Try our version with choc chips and dried cranberries, or design your own flavour mix.
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20-25 mins
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¼ cup maple or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup dark choc chips
- ½ cup craisons (dried cranberries)
- ½ cup nuts, optional (hazelnuts pictured)
- ¼ cup chia seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line a baking tray with baking powder
- Blitz oats in a food processor for 10 seconds
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in flour, baking powder and sugar
- Add oil, honey/maple syrup, vanilla and milk and mix together
- Add in choc chips, craisons and/or nuts and seeds, if using
- Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll into balls
- Place on tray and flatten slightly
- Bake in oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden
If you don’t have a food processor, use quick oats.
Note: if you use white flour you may need a little extra oats to bind the dough.
You can use any dried fruit in place of craisons, diced dried apricots work great.
You can add desiccated coconut in place of nuts.