This rich and thick choc peanut butter smoothie makes a great filling snack or perfect as a small meal. So thick you may need to eat it with a spoon. Delicious served topped with some crushed peanuts or cacao nibs.
Prep: 5 mins
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 1 frozen large banana
- ⅓ cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup water
- In a high power blender, add the spinach, frozen banana, cacao or cocoa powder, peanut butter, dates and water
- Blend for 1 min, or until thick and smooth
Try another great version of this smoothie by blending 1 frozen banana, 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder, ⅓ cup crunchy peanut butter, ⅓ cup pitted dates and ⅓ cup almond milk or milk of your choice.
I usually use cocoa powder in my recipes. This smoothie uses cacao powder for a richer choc taste but you can use cocoa powder.
Add some extra milk or water if you prefer a thinner consistency.