This simple and delicious salad is filled with different colours, flavours and textures. The summer salad is perfect for a warm sunny day.
Serves: 2 – 4
Prep: 10-15 mins
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
- 3 cups spinach or lettuce
- ¼ cup honey cashews or nuts of your choice
- ½ pomegranate – seeded, optional
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Wash fruit and veggies
- Slice strawberries, capsicum, cucumber, avocado and sun dried tomatoes (Why not get the kids involved using our Foost first or next knife?)
- Arrange spinach on a platter
- Top with capsicum, cucumber, avocado and sun dried tomatoes
- Arrange strawberries around the outside
- Sprinkle with nuts and pomegranate (if using)
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar (or let people do this individually – my kids prefer no dressing)
Play around with the ingredients of this summer salad! Try other fruits or veggies, especially when the above are not in season.
Try sunflower or pumpkin seeds in place of nuts.
The juice of one orange makes a great dressing if you are looking for something different.