Kate’s absolute favourite salad! Something a little bit sophisticated yet so easy to make. Try this warm pear salad with your next meal.
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 10 mins
- 2-3 pears
- Dash extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum, optional (if available)
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- Cut pears into thin slices/wedges
- Heat oil in a large fry pan on medium heat
- Add pears and cook for about 5 minutes on each side (be careful not to burn pears, lower heat if necessary)
- While pears are cooking, wash and cut veggies (into thin strips) and arrange on a plate (Why not get the kids involved using our Foost first or next knife?)
- Add balsamic vinegar to the pan with the pears (be careful, it may spit)
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until balsamic vinegar starts to reduce
- Top salad with pear mixture
- Drizzle extra sauce over salad
- Serve warm and enjoy!
When figs are in season, try using figs cut in half in place of the pears.
Try adding some small dollops of goats cheese on the top of salad.