Have you tried tofu? This version has a really nice texture and you can serve it with a dipping sauce of your choosing or in a stir-fry.
Prep: 20 mins Cook: 10 mins
- 450g firm tofu
- ⅓ cup cornflour
- Salt and pepper to taste (see note)
- Oil for frying
- Open tofu and remove from packaging, discarding any water in the pack
- Place tofu in a tea towel with thick chopping board or book on top for 15 mins (this helps to reduce extra moisture)
- Cut tofu into cubes or strips
- Add salt and paper to taste into the cornflour and mix
- Coat each piece of tofu in seasoned cornflour
- Dust off extra cornflour
- Fry in oil (enough oil to thinly coat bottom of pan)
- Turn until all sides of tofu are browned
If you like you could add cayenne pepper or other spices to the cornflour.
Don’t over crowd the pan when cooking the tofu.
Serve in your favourite stir-fry or with a dipping sauce (try sweet chili or gado gado ).